Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Bit of This and That

I was a little shocked to see that it had been almost a month since I last posted. As the title says, I've been doing a bit of everything. First of all, the weather here has been fantastic. We have had the mildest winter ever here. We started out on Halloween with a big snowstorm and then nothing since. We have no snow here and the temperatures have been spring-like all winter. Today is in the high 50's.

I am still working on my Birdie Stitches blocks and have been doing a bit of knitting. And it is easy to think about starting another project, like all the granny square quilts I have been seeing like here and here. I'm tempted! But one day I decided to cut another quilt and this is what I made.


I have an Accuquilt Go cutter so cutting this quilt is a breeze and sewing it is easy, easy, easy. All fabric I had in my stash. This was made to put in our lake cottage that hopefully we'll be opening in April for the summer. Just have to sew the binding down along with sewing the binding onto these two quilts also. So if you are looking for me I'll be working on binding or getting distracted by a new project on the blogs or on Pinterest so I don't have to sew down the binding. Yeah, that sounds about right.

3 comments:

  1. Love your new quilt and I think I want an Accuquilt Go cutter...maybe my next new toy???? I like the granny square blocks I've been seing around the internet too....so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I pray that risen from the dead,
In glory I will stand,
A crown perhaps upon my head,
And a needle in my hand.