Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Another Chair Project

After the success of my last chair project, I was ready to try another. I found this chair at my local antique store for $22. I was in need of a lot of glue to put it back together and some TLC. And that is my Swoon quilt in the background which is now finished! I'll show that soon.

So I got out the Annie Sloan paint I had in the Old White color and got painting. I used the clear wax followed by the dark wax which really brought out the details on this wonderful chair. 

So that's what's happening here. Now that Swoon is done I have no idea what will be next but I have many quilts and projects I want to make so time to decide and have some more fun.

3 comments:

  1. Love the transformation! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! I will have a choice of places to sit while looking at your swoon ... even if only in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Chris!! And, all this furniture you are refurbishing will look grand in our lake house next to yours. :) Might as well throw in the Swoon quilt, which is absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I pray that risen from the dead,
In glory I will stand,
A crown perhaps upon my head,
And a needle in my hand.