Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fall Quilting

It finally feels like Fall here so some of the decorations came out and then over the weekend I whipped up this little table topper. I have been making a concerted effort to use the fabric I have on hand, and all of this fabric I had in my stash. Some of the fabrics I have had for a lot of years.
My long arm quilter actually quilted it for me Monday. I dropped it off on the way to work and she called me to let me know it was done. I picked it up on the way home. Now that's what I call service. Thanks Susan!
And to show you that I really am using my stash, this is the back of the quilt. I had to really scrounge and creatively piece to make a square of fabric big enough. I really love the back-kind of contemporary looking. It's like having a whole other quilt!
For those of you who experience Fall vicariously through us New Englanders, like Libby, I'll try and post some pretty foliage pictures in the next few weeks. The leaves, they are a-changin'!

6 comments:

  1. OMG I have serious envy going on here, over that beautiful table topper! How lovely, the colours are perfect with your rug, & the quilting is perfect for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I found 4 leaves with a yellowish tinge in my yard this morning and was jumping for joy!
    Love the pumpkin topper. I'm getting the fall decs out this weekend for sure *s*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented. I admire your skill.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful table topper. I LOVE the leaves that were quilted into it. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

I pray that risen from the dead,
In glory I will stand,
A crown perhaps upon my head,
And a needle in my hand.