Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A New Find

Once in a while I stumble upon a good find. Usually I am one second late and look longingly as someone walks off with a great find at either a yard sale, consignment store or retail store. But this time I found something I really like and it was a good price.

Kim at One Woman's Cottage Life has an inspiration piece that is a large canvas by artist Kim Parker. I always loved it mainly because I love color. At Home Goods last week I found this Kim Parker framed giclee print in the clearance aisle. It was only $19.95 so I grabbed it. I think it was in the clearance aisle because it has something on the frame but it came off when I cleaned it up when I got home.

The title is "Lush Garden" and it is a signed and number print.
I've been looking around on line and I think I did good on price. But that doesn't much matter because I just love the colors and it looks great in my family room. By the way, there was a woman following me around in Home Goods the whole time I was there. I think she was waiting for me to put this down. For once I was there in time and not a second late as usual. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket this week!

13 comments:

  1. SCORE! What a cheerful springtime print. Good for you for snagging it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for great timing *s* How wonderful to have a piece that you will love for years to come . . . and at a bargain price to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your find - the colors are marvelous and the drawing is very nice. That sure is a pretty quilt on the post before this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very beautiful print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats ... and too bad for the lady following you around (I had someone actually take stuff out of my cart once - talk about tacky - I was so upset).

    Wonderful colors ~ GOOD JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful, lucky you!! I was at a friends house this weekend and she was showing me her Kim Parker books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning piece! Such a wonderful find and doesn't it just make you happy?

    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh...that is gorgeous! It would look so nice in MY house! Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous art print. I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't Home Goods amazing? I love stopping in there, and always find some little treasure or other.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is lovely. It was great luck on your part to snag it first!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great print! it is so nice, springy and will lift your spirits since winter was a long one here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Chris!
    Your new print is BEAUTIFUL! Oh, you are so going to love seeing that every day... love it!


    xo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

I pray that risen from the dead,
In glory I will stand,
A crown perhaps upon my head,
And a needle in my hand.