Monday, November 26, 2007

Let the Christmas Decorating Begin!

I love to decorate for Christmas so I'm sure you'll see many pictures of what I have done here in the coming weeks. I love seeing everybody else's decorations. But I'm going to start with a Christmas quilt I just finished.

One of the things I love about Blogging is getting inspiration from all of you out there and since I love to quilt I am partial to all the quilting blogs. Back in October I absolutely fell in love with Nicole's Halloween quilt at her blog, Sister's Choice. She referenced the Debbie Mumm book, Seasons, she got the pattern out of which surprised me because I have that book and didn't remember seeing such a wonderful quilt in it. I quickly got the book out and checked out the pattern again. Nicole's quilt is much better than Debbie's I think. Anyway, I had some wonderful Christmas fabric I was dying to do something with and Nicole's Halloween quilt got me going. So I shamelessly copied her and I love the quilt.
My long arm quilter did a wonderful pointsetta and holly leaf design for the quilting which I love. It's just a happy quilt. So thanks Nicole and I'll definitely be making a Halloween quilt sometime in 2008!

5 comments:

  1. That is a really lovely quilt!! Well done. I am not much for Christmassy things, but I really love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I think your Christmas quilt is terrific! Thanks for the compliment on my Halloween effort, but I think yours is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just had to stop by and tell you how much we appreciated the sweet suggestion you made on our blog! Thanks for taking the time to share about the Christmas ornaments...that is truly special!

    Have a blessed day!

    smiles, kari and kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris - I've been out of touch due to so much traveling since Oct., hopefully I can stay home for a while and catch up with everyone!

    Your quilts are lovely - you are really talented. NH does look lovely in Autumn - as you may remember I lived there several years.

    I was really distressed to hear about your sweet daughter's MS diagnosis - she is so young and I'm saddened knowing what she may be facing. My thoughts and prayers go out to her, to you and your family also. I know you will be strong and help her best you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, this is a pretty little happy quilt. Good job.

    ReplyDelete

I pray that risen from the dead,
In glory I will stand,
A crown perhaps upon my head,
And a needle in my hand.