Saturday, January 20, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

Here I was having a nice quiet day while hubby is at a conference and when I check my blog I find that I have been tagged by the fabulous Kim at Daisy Cottage! So here are the rules and read them carefully because 6 of you will be tagged by moi. Each player of this game starts with "6 weird things about you". Each person who gets tagged needs to write a blog post of their own 6 weird things as well as clearly state this rule. After you state your 6 weird things, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you're tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog for information as to what it means.


1- In the 70's I was in a bowling league with John Denver's Mom, Erma Dueschendorf! I was a newlywed and hubby was in the Air Force and we were stationed at the now closed Lowry Air Force Base in Denver, Colorado. John Denver's father was retired Air Force and they lived near the base where they participated in activities, one of them being bowling.


2- I have an artificial knee. Yes, that is correct, I have a metal left knee. I got it last June. I hurt that knee in a car accident when I was a teen and it has bothered me ever since. It got so bad last year that I could barely walk so I had a total knee replacement. It is a really hard surgery with a year long recovery but I am getting there and the knee feels great! I am the Bionic Woman! And yes, I do set off the metal detector at airports.


3- I love college hockey. I have have been a season ticket holder for UNH hockey for many years and I love going to games. I don't like NHL hockey-too much fighting. College hockey is fast with no fighting allowed and I love it. BTW, UNH is number 2 in the country right now.


4- I married a man I went to Kindergarten with. But I really didn't know him then. I have known him since 7th grade and we got married right after college. It's been almost 32 years and two kids now with a grandchild on the way.


5- I met Spiro Agnew. I was in college in Massachusetts and I was working at a restaurant as a coat check and he was giving a speech and I met him. This was the early 70's before he was forced to resign and Gerald Ford became VP.


6- I was at one time a "Mystery Shopper". I was employed by a company that paid me to shop and then I would write up reports critiquing the store and the employees. Everyone thinks it was a dream job-being paid to shop-but it was hard, the reports were a lot of work and the pay was lousy.


OK so I think I will tag Libby, Rosemary, Deb, The Old Painted Cottage, Judy, The Calico Cat. Oscar and Penny say you're it!

7 comments:

  1. How cool is that story about John Denver's mom! Okay, I used to LOVE him so in the 70s...: )
    I do not think a thing about you is weird! You are just charming!! : ) Interesting I say!
    And I love the kitties pictures...
    Have a wonderful Sunday!
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris I didn't know you were in the pink and brown swap too that is cool. I have met John Denvers Aunt she used to work at an optical store in Tulsa. She is retired now I think because I haven't seen her the last 3 times I was in there anyways she looks just like him could be his mom, same facial structure.
    Have a great Sunday
    R

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post and have learned much about you. what a wonderful way to share memoties........and to have known John Denvers mother.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty kitties... I already got tagged for that one - you can check out my weirdness here: http://thecalicocat.blogspot.com/2007/01/meme-6-weird-things.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister ended up marrying a boy whe knew in first grade. They always knew each other but never dated until the end of high school or later. Seventeen years and three kids later, still married.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a very interesting post, Chris! I enjoyed it!

    Hubs looked into Mystery Shopping once and discovered how much work was involved and your're right- the pay isn't really worth it:(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi- just found your blog- love the pics of your cats. Have 3 myself.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete

I pray that risen from the dead,
In glory I will stand,
A crown perhaps upon my head,
And a needle in my hand.