Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Swoon Continued


So, the last time I posted something about the Swoon quilt I am making was back in June. And then summer happened. I had a fabulous summer at the lake. I even brought a sewing machine with me there and used it once! I had other things to have fun with. So with the cooler weather starting to come back I am back sewing so now all 9 blocks are done and on to the sashing. Sorry for the lousy picture but the camera is not working and my smart phone does not have a great camera.

This is a total scrap Swoon quilt. I had all these fabrics on hand, mostly Heather Bailey, Kaffe Fassett, Amy Butler a a few others. The original pattern calls for a background with 2 fabrics. But I have a background and 3-5 fabrics. The background is different in each block because I didn't have enough of any one and in some cases I have used 2 backgrounds in a block. It has a nice scrappy but organized look. So I hope to finish this one in the coming week. Don't have any solid plans on what to make after that so deciding will be fun. So how was everyone's summer? 

6 comments:

  1. I love it. I didn't even notice the different backgrounds until you mentioned them. And I had to really look lol. I love how it's scrapoy without being too scrappy. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!!! I soooo want to make one of these!
    My Summer? Just round the corner - looking forward to it
    Linda
    Taupo
    New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful; loving those colors. Summer was great, but ready for fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this every time I see one of those blocks. It doesn't look too difficult to hand sew either.
    They look terrific together. If I end up making one of these, it will be all your fault!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swoon is making me swoon it's so lovely. But you always do lovely work no matter what the pattern!! Glad you had such a wonderful and busy summer, you deserved the fun and relaxation!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi you! So you even brought your machine to use once. Hee! Love your Swoon. I love that you had a fabulous summer. I smiled that your brought your machine. And I so love scrappy backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete

I pray that risen from the dead,
In glory I will stand,
A crown perhaps upon my head,
And a needle in my hand.