Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Perfect Day


This is sort of how New England weather goes. A foot of snow one week, almost 70 degrees the next. That's what it was today so hubby took the day off so we could get out to our lake camp. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your point of view, we forgot to bring the sealer for the dock so we went canoeing instead. Like I said, a perfect day.

I promise the next post will be quilt related as I am sewing the pieces I cut during the no power 5 day fun. Yes, we got our power back. It wasn't all bad as I rediscovered knitting during that time and that's a good thing.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

6 comments:

  1. Any day at the lake is a perfect day, whether there is work involved or not. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figure a quilter won't be cold when the power goes out, but I always think about peoples freezers. Yikes. 5 days is a long time without power. Beautiful photo you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what to they say If you don't like the weather, wait a minute. Glad you a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to enjoy the canoe ride after last week's storm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds of my grandfather's place on Pawtuckaway!

    ReplyDelete

I pray that risen from the dead,
In glory I will stand,
A crown perhaps upon my head,
And a needle in my hand.