This was a delighfully, wonderful quilt to make. I loved the process and there have been many quilts that I have not enjoyed the process. The only change I made was to add an extra pieced square border all the way around to make it better for a queen size bed. It calls for just one row of the squares but I had enough fabric for the two rows so I went for it.
I love the fabric, of course. I have been holding on to this bunch for a few years and finally found a pattern that I found visually interesting and would still show off the colors and patterns of the 3 Sisters Maison de Noel collection.
This is literally what I have left-some scraps and some bigger pieces of background. I'll probably find a way to make a table runner out of this chaos. The pattern gives directions for layer cakes but here is what I had to work with-I had 29 fat quarters and 2 yards of background fabric and it worked out perfectly. I did some math and I thought I had enough but if I didn't I was prepared to use some other 3 Sisters fabric I had from other lines. They all work well together.