Well, I finished my snowball quilt! Sort of-more on that later.
I used time wisely this week and sewed if I had time before work and in the evenings and little by little, row by row it got done.
I have to admit I adore this quilt now, but didn't like the process at times. First of all, so many half square triangles to make-480 of those suckers! And then I did not like most of my red fabrics. I was determined to use what I had and I did but that meant using reds, some pinks, lots of dark reds and maroons, orange reds, reds with large yellow flowers, reds with a lot of white in it, you get the idea. When you're cutting all those out and they're laying there lifeless on the cutting board they do look like they will never work together. But I think it's those very qualities that gives this quilt a lot of movement and makes it interesting to me.
Now the "it's done-sort of" statement. I think I'm going to put a couple of borders on it. I have been auditioning some fabrics and have found a combination that I like so I may go for it this weekend. I like borders on a quilt. I don't like doing them but I think they help some designs and I think this one needs a small border to highlight the middle and then a slightly bigger one. So a second reveal is in the making. I've been seeing some of the other quilts in the challenge and I think everyone did a spectacular job.