Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

I wanted to wish all the mothers out there a Happy Mother's Day. I had a wonderful day here with my family, my husband's mother, his sister and family, my daughter's in laws and of course my beautiful one month old grandson. How he has changed in one month.


I did manage to finish this table runner this weekend from a pattern that I got from The Happy Zombie. It is a very easy pattern. I just changed the applique from cherries to flowers since I am calling this my summer table runner. Please don't look too closely at my machine quilting. It is a skill I am practicing and it will take me a while to get better. But I think it looks great on my kitchen island.

11 comments:

  1. Your table runner is beautiful with flowers on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your runner looks great - I really like the flowers. It will be perfect all summer long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT! OMG.... I was so excited when I popped in and saw this! I love, love, love what you did.

    Not to sound corny, but there is no bigger thrill then to offer a simple little seed and then watch it turn into a beautiful flower garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a happy Mother's Day, Chris. Your table runner is beauttiful--the pattern is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful table runner! Your applique looks fantastic. I love Happy Zombie too! So happy you had a wonderful Mother's Day. How incredible for you to have a brand new grandson to appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! A table runner is on my to-do list.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table runner is simply beautiful...how perfect for the warm days of Summer!

    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! What fun to find Happy Zombie's table runner here! And you did such a cute job! Also, thank you SO much for commenting on my blog! I have you down for the giveaway and I LOVE your blog! I'm so glad I came to visit! I've added you to my blogroll and plan to come every day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table runner turned out beautifully. I love the applique. That's the next thing I'm going to try to tackle.

    ReplyDelete

I pray that risen from the dead,
In glory I will stand,
A crown perhaps upon my head,
And a needle in my hand.